Tuesday, February 19, 2008

1 Month Check-Up Results

1 Month Check-Up Results
Weight: 10lbs 11oz (75%)
Height: 22 inches (50-75%)
Head Circumfrance: 37 1/4 inches (25-50%)


Here is the link for the final results from Cruz's photo shoot last week. Angie is so good!!! I'm so happy with what came out of him crying the whole time.
http://angiepenrose-marchant.blogspot.com/

So for about the past three months I have been obsessing (and obsessing is a very mild way of putting it!!!) over what kind of stroller I wanted. When ever Cruz was asleep I was on the internet researching strollers. I would find one and say this is it, then three days later I would change my mind and start all over again. You have to consider so many things. Do I want to spend more money on an umbrella stroller or a jogging stroller (or for me, more of a walking stroller). We needed something light weight and compact because I have a small car.

So last week I thought my search had come to an end. I found a Baby Jogger that has an amazing one handed fold, is on the lighter side and pretty compact for a jogging stroller. My only draw back is that on the box it says it has a maximum weight capcity of 50 lbs. You would think that would mean child weight, but if you dig deeper into the manual it says 50 lbs total combined with storage and baby. I read a couple of places that it was 38 lbs weight capacity for a child and 12lbs for the under storage. I think I am pretty set on this stroller but my question is a 38lb weight capcity going to be enough? And how long would a 38lb child really want to stay in a stroller? I think Brendan is started to get annoyed at how obsessed I am being. But, if I am going to fork out a couple hundred dollars on a stroller I want to make sure that it is what I really want.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Hayden is nearly 2 and weighs 28 lbs., so I'm guessing that most kids aren't 38 lbs. until they're at least 3 or 4 and by that time they don't really need to be in a stroller (or you'll probably have more children and have already invested in a double stroller or sit-and-stand).

You'll want to take manueverability into consideration. We bought the Graco Snugride carseat/stroller combo. for Hayden and I've rather enjoyed it, we walk a lot. However, I'm looking into a Sit-And-Stand stroller for #2 because it fits up to 3 kids! Though I'm not sure it holds a carseat for when they're really little.

Good luck!

Karli said...

i think that would be more than adequate for you guys. like the previous comment, most kids are wanting to walk (or you'll have multiples) by the time they are 38 pounds. what kind is it? this too, has been my main obsession. i want to spend like 50 on an umbrella stroller (looking at the chicco one) for when we're at the mall and stores and then up to 200 on a jogger/walker...let me know what you decide. i have been researching a ton too. keep me posted...our84days.blogspot.com

karli

Maria said...

Tanner is 29 lbs at 1 1/2 and I think we have a while before he hits 38 lbs. When they are little they gain weight so fast, but they do slow down. What kind of jogger is it?

Tiffany said...

Hey! I just found your blog. Cruz is adorable! So my input on the stroller . . . my three year old barely weighs 31 lbs (yes she's a little on the light side) but she's pretty much done riding in the stroller. The only time she wants a ride is when we're somewhere she has to walk a lot (like the zoo, or the airport). So, I think you'll be safe with a 38lbs limit.

The other thing you have to consider with the stroller, is are you planning on having a second kid before he weighs that much anyways (I know you hate to think about another one this early on). Because when you have a second, you'll probably be looking into double strollers, and he'll be riding in that one for the "heavier" years of his life.

Good Luck! And Congrats!