Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanks for ThanksGiving.




Do you think it is un-christmasy (i am sure that this is not a word) to not want to celebrate any Christmas activities until after thanksgiving? It almost makes me sick to hear a Christmas song pre-thanksgiving. And because of this I have recently been labeled the holiday grinch...... (more than just Christmas, I am not a big fan of carving pumpkins and this year I didn't dress up hence the label...) Did you know that one of the reasons Thanksgiving was moved to the last Thursday of November is so that the shopping season could be extended? I look forward to your comments....

We had a great Thanksgiving. Nice and long, we left on Tuesday after I finished a inspection and drove to Portland. Wednesday we watched Twilight, I have not read the books so it was ok and it very very very very slightly gave me the desire to read them. But it was fun to go out with the Bros and Sister-in-laws while Tatems parents watched all of the Grand kids, all 10 and no fights. It was fun to see how Cruz likes to have other little people around.


Thursday- was the normal Thanksgiving stuff, food, football and wii.

Friday- Tom and Monique were able to come spend a few hours with us. It would have been great to see them more. But anytime is always fun. We need to make our next trip to San Diego to visit next.

Saturday- was great. Tatem went and did the annual Sister-in-law and children Gingerbread houses. I went shooting!! it was great and I have the shoulder bruises to prove it. We shot targets, clay pigeons, apples, bells, trees, well just about any thing we could find to shoot, now I want a Gun.

Sunday was church and then back to real life.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

You look like such a sexy mama in the picture up top! Hello there!

Ann-Marie said...

I love the picture of Cruz in the washtub! His smile is so cute.

Emily Jamison said...

Hey, Brendan, thanks for sharing your blog address with me. You have such a cute family and I love the name Cruz! - Emily