Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Brendan!

Yesterday was Brendan’s 29th Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU HUNK OF BURNING LOVE!! And here are 10 reasons why I have the best husband in the universe. Yep, that’s right, the universe:

  1. He puts up with my crap on a daily basis.
  2. He puts up with Cruz’s crap (literally) on a daily basis.
  3. He knows who’s the boss (Cruz, duh).
  4. He sacrifices the needs of himself to make sure the needs of his family are met first.
  5. He gets mad at me when I read books, only because he wants me to pay attention to him.
  6. He helps with cleaning the house.
  7. He has the best combination of dark hair and bright blue eyes.
  8. He is very financially savvy.
  9. He teases me because he loves me.
  10. He loves being able to stay home with Cruz every Monday.

Here are a few fun facts about Brendan as well:

  1. He was born in Salt Lake City, UT.
  2. He served his mission in Salt Lake City, UT.
  3. He is the oldest of 8 kids (5 boys, 3 girls).
  4. His family moved to Missouri when he was 8 because his dad liked the dirt.
  5. He owned a 1988 white, 4-door, Volkswagen Jetta whom everyone referred to as “Greta the Jetta, the grocery getta’ ”. All of his friends would always ask how Greta was doing, as if she was another member of the family, and for about two years after we left Rexburg we still got reports of sightings of Greta.
  6. When Brendan was 8 he had two pet lambs, he named Maisy and Daisy. He would ride them like a horse and then he sold them at the fair (you can only imagine what happened to them after that).
  7. I think Brendan has only called in sick one day of his life and only because I made him.
  8. Brendan’s due date was January 13th, but was born on the 18th and Cruz’s due date was January 18th, but was born on the 13th.
  9. Brendan’s dad claims that Brendan was so fat as a baby he couldn’t crawl because he would high center.
  10. Brendan hates anything pumpkin, sweet potato, or squash flavored. You can thank his mom for making a pumpkin soup when Brendan was a teenager and he is now scarred for life.

Happy Birthday Brendan. I love you more then anything in the world (well, maybe Cruz)!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey Tatem, I found your blog through Noelles and thought that I would say hello. YOur little boy is a cutie! Glad to see what you guys are up too.

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Brendan! Thanks for taking care of my little Tatem!